Rich women skinnier than poor
I once had a discusion with an acquaintance about rich women, poor women and weight; and here are some of the things he said about why he thinks rich women are skinnier than poor women:
1. Rich women go shopping for shoes and clothes when they need to make themselves happy. Poor women order pizza.
2. Rich women eat at fancy restaurants where food is prepared to help them stay nice and trim. Poor women eat at restaurants where food is prepared to help make them fat and keep them fat.
3. Rich women spend their evenings attending social functions that require them to be well dressed in the finest, most expensive designer wear. High end designers only make clothes for skinny women, so rich women have to be skinny in order to dress the part of a rich woman. Poor women on the other hand spend their evenings at home watching TV and eating pizza.
4. Rich women are preoccupied with trying to outdo each other, trying to be the most beautiful, the youngest looking, the skinniest. Poor women are preoccupied with reading about rich women and talking about rich women discussing how skinny they are, how many nose jobs they’ve had, whether or not they have had breast implants etc.
5. Rich women eat food to fulfill their daily nutritional requirements and select the what’s healthy. Poor women eat food for pleasure and select what tastes good, which is usually what’s most unhealthy.
This is, of course, a gross stereotype as:
- Not all poor women eat pizza. Some rich women eat pizza.
- Not all poor women eat at fast food restaurants. Some rich women eat at fast food restaurants.
- Not all poor women spend their evenings at home watching TV. Some rich women spend their evenings at home watching TV
- Not all poor women gossip about the rich and famous. Some rich women gossip about the rich and famous.
- Not all poor women are unhealthy pleasure eaters. Some rich women are unhealthy pleasure eaters.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.